Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic components requirement.

It's an unusual thing to want to make from scratch. Is there really
nothing commercially available? With something like this making it
yourself is likely to not be as good and cost more.

In article ,
Arthur Ravenscroft wrote:
Hi.
I am fancying a little project using electrical components.
I want to make a mini-mini-table saw.
I've looked at the RS Components website and its all bit out there for me.
I think I'd like it to run on battery power at this stage but I may be being naive.
The work that the saw is being designed for cutting very thin sections of timber..2mm thick.

I will build a manifold/body from acrylic or something.

So what is a list of components I will need to complete this.

eg
motor ( recommendations on this necessary)
spindle,
connectors,
gears,
battery holder type
soldering iron.
soldering consumables.
etc.

Thanks.

Arthur

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.