Posted to rec.woodworking
Jay Pique Jay Pique is offline

Default Weather Proof Birch Wood

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 2:44:03 AM UTC-4, Gigi wrote:
What is the best stain, oil, etc., to weather prod birch wood? Were making
a table for our patio. Thanks!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...od-824713-.htm

Why not use a naturally "weather-proof" wood like cypress? My mom had an outdoor shelf made of pine, I believe, that basically rotted away in a few years. I duplicated it and painted it and it's been outside for well on 15 years now with no sign of degradation. SS screws, T3 and cypress. Now that I think of it I think I used an exterior adirondack green stain first, but the color was off so I put adirondack green paint over the top.
JP