Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to physically secure a cell phone?

On 7/1/2020 11:06 AM, wrote:
We actually have wifi there. But I shy away from VOIP because a power or internet outage (happens from time to time) means no service. That's why it was an old-fashioned landline, which usually works during a power outage. And that's why we are thinking for cellular service because it would probably still work during local internet or power outage. And it NEEDS to be easily accessible. Can't be locked away or hidden... because it's meant to be seen/found/used during an emergency.

Unless the cell towers go out. Sometimes they do. There is no good way
to secure a portable phone. Who is going to assure it is charged? Pay
for the damned landline and do it right. Going cheap can be very costly.