Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Creaky stairs fix ?

June 25, 2020 at 8:53PM, wrote:
In my condo the stairs have become very creaky. They are covered w/carpet and I am sure they are prefabbed. When I walk up and down the stairs certain steps creak a lot, I don't think they are going to fail anytime soon, but it just not instill a lot of confidence.

How do I fix these stairs ?
1. ) Rip all the carpet off and glue & screw it all back together ?
2. ) Order new set of stairs ?
3. ) Hire a carpenter to patch them up ?

On a construction remodeling site, I heard two guys with a power drill drilling screws into old floor board saying that that's how to stop noisy creaking.