The Question Asker

Default Is it possible to use the roadside fire hydrants??

Well just measured our pond its 8m*12m and 1m all over, which makes it 96
cubic meters, making it £144 a small fortune for water....

"The Question Asker" wrote in message
Hi,
As you may have seen from a recent post we have dug out a rather large

pond
and need to fill it before the clay dries out... We have a Yellow fire
hydrant positioned out the front of our house, my Q's are...

1) Do you think it will be possible to hire a hose connect it up and fill

up
the pond (Under the cover of darkness)??
2) Following on, would it be detectable, in decrease in water pressure
either from homes or somewhere central.
3) If we contacted the authorities (Who is in charge of them) would we be
able to use it and for what cost?

We are on a water meter and so are our neighbours, next door use to not be
on a water meter and she's filled up most of the peoples ponds along the
road but now that's not an option... The cost of filling it up by hose

pipe
would cost a small fortune I imagine.
Cheers
Oli