Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Unmarked fuses

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 17:28:46 -0500, Jim Joyce
wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:40:35 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:00:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/26/2020 1:17 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

These "fuses" appear to be unmarked. Any idea as to their current carrying
capacity?

https://www.familyhandyman.com/wp-co...or-fuses-2.jpg

LOL

Generic brand. Once size fits all.

Looking at the box outside I wonder if the box is just being incorrectly
used as a junction box and wires go to a fuse or breaker in the panel.

Quick disconnect. Its a feature!

If it is just a disconnect, that is perfectly legal, as long as there
is an OC device upstream. In fact they make "listed" pullouts that are
electrically identical. You might have one on your AC as we speak.
They also make "breakers" that are just switches for that same
purpose. (local disconnects). I have a bunch of them. You can tell
because there are no (amp rating) numbers on the handle.

It was in a home inspector article so I assumed it was improper, but I
guess it depends on some additional factors.

Home inspectors? Ha,
The joke of the inspecting community.
Actually that picture has been around quite a while in different
venues.

Most HIs don't have a clue what the codes really are. I suppose they
are OK for spotting crooked door jambs and missing device covers but I
would not trust them on code issues
Just as a hoot I took the 25 question test to get a HACHI
certification and for $400, I could be a home inspector. The test was
a joke with at least one wrong answer given in reference to the NEC,
the answer given being at least 3 cycles behind at the time.

Things Home Inspectors thought were fine

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Closet%20light.jpg

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Fan%20Light.jpg

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/Wate...%20connect.jpg