Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default Unmarked fuses

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:40:35 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 15:00:21 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/26/2020 1:17 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:

These "fuses" appear to be unmarked. Any idea as to their current carrying
capacity?

https://www.familyhandyman.com/wp-co...or-fuses-2.jpg

LOL

Generic brand. Once size fits all.

Looking at the box outside I wonder if the box is just being incorrectly
used as a junction box and wires go to a fuse or breaker in the panel.

Quick disconnect. Its a feature!

If it is just a disconnect, that is perfectly legal, as long as there
is an OC device upstream. In fact they make "listed" pullouts that are
electrically identical. You might have one on your AC as we speak.
They also make "breakers" that are just switches for that same
purpose. (local disconnects). I have a bunch of them. You can tell
because there are no (amp rating) numbers on the handle.

It was in a home inspector article so I assumed it was improper, but I
guess it depends on some additional factors.