Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Updating Win7 to Win10

In article ,
mm0fmf wrote:
This. Don't **** about upgrading in place. New disk and start from
scratch. Reinstall only what you use when you need it instead of
curating a sack of cack software of questionable vintage and security
status.

I'm not in the habit of installing software I'll not use. ;-)

If your laptop came pre-installed with Win7 (i.e Dell or HP or Lenovo
etc.) your licence will be in the BIOS already and W10 should re-licence
itself when it reboots after installing drivers etc.

The upgrade CD I bought came with a key, which wasn't needed.

--
*Home cooking. Where many a man thinks his wife is.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.