Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Need help replacing outside hose valve

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:02:21 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 15:11:09 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 20:55:15 -0400, Clare Snyder posted for all
of us to digest...

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:07:32 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Hi, an outside hose valve is leaking, i have replaced the washers, but that didnt fix it, I want to replace all the parts that I have circled in the image. But I'm having no luck finding exactly what I need. Is it more common to replace the entire valve in the image rather than just the parts that connect to the top of the valve?
If its possible to replace the parts I have circled, does anyone know how to shop for the right parts? Thanks

https://imgur.com/3UFmbFk

Replace the whole thing and if you are in a frost zone use a
freezeproof "Hydrant" style

+1 To OP: Where is it leaking? Are you in a frost area? I have
never seen the clamp arrangement.

Let us know what you are going to do and it's resolution.

The clamp looks like it might be for a ground wire -
... not sure what outside device would require such a thing .. ?
John T.

Definitely a grounding or bonding clamp