Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Updating Win7 to Win10

On 25/06/2020 11:32, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:

That would mean re-installing all the non MS apps I use. I do realise
some
if not all will need updating, but hoped this could be done as part of
the
process.

no need to wipe your ssd, or perform a clean install, just do an upgrade
install, mostly it'll survive

But back everything up at least twice and to independent media.
And ideally verify that the saved backup data matches the original.

If something goes wrong then Murphy's law applies and the damage will
inevitably hit the most irreplaceable data that you have on the disk.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown