Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Adjustable height fixture for grow light

On 6/23/2020 6:14 PM, A K wrote:
On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 4:33:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 12:05:40 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I would like to be able to adjust the height of this grow bulb as my plant gets larger.

I am moving it to a covered porch.

Can someone give me some ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/emWoe8A

Thanks.

Chain and S hooks. Can be any kind of chain. That "swag" chain will
work.

So, would I need to trim the 2x4 attached to the light socket, mount an eye bolt
in the center of the wood, and then hang with the chain?

Thanks,
Andy

It worked for me when I used a fluorescent shop light as a grow light.
Would work if you set it up like that in the beginning. Now you have to
lower the plant as it grows. I have an old lab jack that would be good
for about a foot of growth.