Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Adjustable height fixture for grow light

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 3:05:46 PM UTC-4, A K wrote:
I would like to be able to adjust the height of this grow bulb as my plant gets larger.

I am moving it to a covered porch.

Can someone give me some ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/emWoe8A

Thanks.

Yikes! That's ............ well you shouldn't have that where someone will see.

But for plants, either you move the light or you move the plant. I've done it both ways.

Stack of concrete blocks on each end, board across the top, plants on the floor, chain from an eye bolt in the board, lamp on an S hook. As the plant grows move the S hook to higher links. Eventually you insert more concrete blocks if it really grows. I had quite a garden in a dark apartment in Wisconsin this way. I hung 4 foot fluorescent tubes from the board because i got the fixture free where somebody had thrown it out.

Or, put your plant on a stack of blocks, remove them as it grows.