Posted to rec.woodworking
RosemontCrest[_4_] RosemontCrest[_4_] is offline

Default White (mold?) in cedar closet

On 6/23/2020 6:39 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 14:59:32 -0500, Markem
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020 12:38:13 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Tuesday, June 23, 2020 at 9:37:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
WELL ....
.... I look froward to any help/advice. Jan ;.}

I let it dry for 2 days and put my winter clothes back in.

Molds and mildews need a "food" source.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNzHARgbCG8 ..... just kidding.

Mold Vs Mildew
https://www.puroclean.com/blog/what-...ld-and-mildew/

Appearance

Mold is usually fuzzy or slimy, whereas mildew appears either powdery or downy. Downy mildew is yellow at first and turns to brownish yellow later on. Powdery mildew is white, and then turns yellow and black when it matures.

Clean the closet with bleach and wipe dry immediately. Before using bleach, test a small area to make sure your wood doesn't change color or change color too much. Hence, once wiped with bleach solution, rinse and/or wipe dry immediately. If possible, have a fan blow into the closet after cleaning.

Hope this helps.
Sonny

Another mold or mildew treatment is 2% milk and water a 1 to 20 ratio.
However I have only used this on azaleas it works well in that
application.

Any ideas how to keep a dehumidifier bucket clean? I have a new
(couple of weeks) unit in my shop and I noticed tonight that the
bucket has some dark slime on the bottom. The "bucket" has a lot of
nooks and crannies in it so it'll be next to impossible to wipe clean.
It'll be a lot easier to keep it clean than clean it later.

Perhaps this may help:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+clean+d...ier+water+tank