Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] jancarb1@comcast.net is offline

Default White (mold?) in cedar closet

WELL I decided to refurbish my cedar closet after many many years so I lightly sanded the inside and used a paint brush to put on Giles and Kendall Cedar Oil. No water was used on the cedar and I let it dry for 2 days and put my winter clothes back in. Well.....several days later noticed a funky smell almost like mildew and when I opened the closet door there was plenty of white all around the cedar. Now I live in Florida and the cedar closet is in my garage but I dont understand what the white is from. Can anyone help me???? Obviously it was hot enough. In the garage to have the oil penetrate and dry so Im not sure what would have caused it and what should I do to move forward with this problem? Should I just sand again and leave it sanded and not. Put cedar oil on it? I look froward to any help/advice. Jan ;.}