Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default Pure gas vs E85

On 6/22/2020 6:49 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-06-22 15:46, wrote:

On 2020-06-22 15:06,
wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 16:52:07 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

writes:
On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 06:24:07 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 6:38:34 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:
On 6/18/2020 6:19 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
T writes:
Hi All,

I watch my mileage.Â* I have been running pure gasoline now
for a bunch on months.

My mileage jump up from 23.5 on 15% alcohol to 25.5 miles
per gallon on pure gasoline

It hasn't been news for two decades that alcohol fuel mixes
reduce mileage simply
due to less energy content in the fuel.

Where have you been?

Very true and they are screwing him by charging more for pure
gasoline
as it is cheaper to make.

You have cites for that?Â* That it actually costs the refiner more
for
alcohol than to refine crude?Â* Also factor in the retailer needs a
separate tank and pump that's low volume to support it.

The price of both alcohol and crude vary widely but I assume both go
into the price along with more than a little wiggle room to flatten
the curve. I know the $40 XOM I bought during the panicdemic is doing
OK so they must be doing something right. ($47 today, +17.5% in a
month or so)

Economies of scale.Â*Â* The more thay make of something, the cheaper
it is to sell.

Oil is fairly volatile but ethanol is a corn product and the
government has it's finger on the scale for all things corn.
It is interesting that hand sanitizer is $25-50 a gallon but that same
alcohol in gasoline goes for $2.

Isopropyl versus ethyl alcohol.Â* Plus moisturizers,
stabilizers, toxic perfumes, packaging, car payments
to the seller, etc..

Most hand sanitizer in ethanol.
In fact we are getting "moonshine" hand sanitizer with that
unmistakable smell of "first run" moonshine.
It is probably run off at 80-90% in a single pass, not multiple passes
like good vodka,.

"moon shine sanitizers".Â* Chuckle.

Don't forget the perfume to give everyone around
you asthma

When this started and hand sanitizer was in short supply I found local
liquor store chain to be sold out of the high proof stuff. I think all
above 60% which it takes to kill virus.