Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pure gas vs E85

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 12:35:57 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 6/20/2020 12:56 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 6/18/20 7:29 PM, T wrote:

[snip]

Don't forget to add nitrogen to your tires to help improve mileage.
(?_?)

I also use Diydrogen Monoxide to wash my car.Â* Removes
bug guts from my windshield really nicely.

:-)

That reminds me of some TV show where they were talking about
"environmental" groups that were really just political and knew nothing
about the environment. A lot of people would sign a petition to ban
dihydrogen monoxide. Anyone asking what that is were told something like
"It's a chemical used in industrial processes, which gets into lakes and
rivers. People who have contact with it get cancer.".

Have you known anyone to ever fall for that trash?

The show he is talking about is Penn and Teller "Bull****" (on Amazon
Prime) and yes they did get a bunch of greenie weenies to sigh their
petition on camera. They have lots of fun with environmentalists.
I have been in the ecology world for quite a while now and I find a
lot of "environmentalism" is just a cult religion that does not deal
well with science. They do not have to understand an issue to be
adamant about it.
Recycling is an excellent example. Our waste management company is
trying hard to tell people what not to put in the barrel but hard core
environmentalists think if they throw it in the barrel, it will be
recycled and better than putting it in the landfill. Unfortunately it
usually results in everything in that truck going to the landfill if
the plant decides there is too much trash in there when they tip the
truck.
The reality is most of the stuff we think we are recycling goes to the
dump anyway.