Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default T-bird is working now

On 06/21/2020 10:43 AM, Frank wrote:
You have a lot more experience than me. I figure you only need a minute
or two of reserve power to enact a safe shutdown.

Most of ours have PowerChute monitors that will initiate a shutdown when
the reserve capacity hits a certain point. My home Linux box has a
similar monitor setup. You don't want every flicker to cause a shutdown.

I think the problem with the bad UPSs is the batteries are completely
dead so when the device fails over there's nothing. For those
millisecond flickers that's worse than being connected to the lines.