Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_28_] Frank[_28_] is offline

Default T-bird is working now

On 6/21/2020 4:55 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-06-21 06:32, Frank wrote:
On 6/20/2020 11:06 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-06-20 19:57, Bob F wrote:
On 6/20/2020 7:25 PM, Snag wrote:
Â*Â* Earlier version , 60.6.1 , I did a cold restart after
uninstalling 68.9.1 and started from scratch . Looks like it'll
auto-update unless I change some settings though .

I have been using Tbird after upgrading from XP to 7 with few
problems, until I had a power outage a few days ago. That one took
me a couple days to figure out and restore all my newsgroups and
email, but seems to be working great again. It turned out to be a
mutilated prefs.js file that caused it to lose all the connections
to all my setting and email/newsgroup data.

Hi Bob,

Get one of these:

https://www.apc.com/shop/us/en/produ...o-700/P-BR700G

The cheaper ones suck.

-T

I have no problems with the cheap ones and have survived many power
failures with them.Â* They keep you on long enough to have a safe shut
down.

Hi Frank,

It is my experience with my numberous customer usign these
tings, that the cheap ones

1) don't provide enough power
2) are terrible at surge suppression
3) do not mechanically step up / step down under / over voltages
4) crap out a lot
5) don't have a feedback mechanism to tell your computer when they are
browning out

You pay for what you get.

-T

Have not had any problems and it is plugged into a surge protector but I
will consider getting better when this one fails.