Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Win7 and T-bird

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 03:12:27 -0500, Jim Joyce

On 2020-06-20 20:05, Clare Snyder wrote:
Outlook is a great mail client

Hi Clare,

Outlook stores everything is a single database. Get
a clinker and you are so, so, so screwed.

Make over 1,200 U$D off a lady that refused to
learn anything new. I was the fifth guy she used and
the only one that got her eMail back. And it was
about 30 GB worth: basically, her entire business.
And she bitched and bitched and bitched about having
to use Thunderbird. What an idiot.

Don't trust Outlook to anything that is dear to you.
Outlook sucks.

I've been using Outlook for over 20 years without a single issue. IMHO,
there isn't a better email client.

I'd pretty much need to agree with it - and if you are not confident,
just back up the PST file regularly. IF it crashes, just re-install
and point it to the backup PST. Archive your PST file to keep the
default PST light and nimble. Particularly anything newer than 2003 is
pretty much rock solid as an email client.