Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default T-bird is working now

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 13:18:49 -0500, Mark Lloyd wrote:

On 6/21/20 11:43 AM, Frank wrote:

[snip]

Now I even plug the UPS into surge protector.* One day while on line a
branch down the street came down shorting the high tension to the low
tension wire.* Every surge protector in the house got fried including
the one to the UPS but computer survived.* I did lose a microwave.

Last summer we had a series of brownouts, where the power voltage went
from 150V down to about 60V several times. The only damage was to one
computer. It was the computer power supply, so no software
reinstallation required.

150V? Is that a typo or did your power company turn it up to 11?

Cheap Spinal Tap reference.