Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default T-bird is working now

On 6/20/2020 8:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/20/2020 10:57 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 6/20/2020 7:25 PM, Snag wrote:
Â*Â* Earlier version , 60.6.1 , I did a cold restart after uninstalling
68.9.1 and started from scratch . Looks like it'll auto-update unless
I change some settings though .

I have been using Tbird after upgrading from XP to 7 with few
problems, until I had a power outage a few days ago. That one took me
a couple days to figure out and restore all my newsgroups and email,
but seems to be working great again. It turned out to be a mutilated
prefs.js file that caused it to lose all the connections to all my
setting and email/newsgroup data.

Get a cheap UPS unit and avoid potential problems.Â* I have them on the
cable boxes since they take forever to reboot after a few second outage.

Cable company owns the box so no cost to me if they get cooked but the
PITA is worth it.

My problem was a vandal crow. Power company guys say it happens this
time of the year for about 3 months. Not any other time. Crow lands on
the transformer, then pecks the top of it until it reaches up to the top
of the insulator. Than BANG! Dead crop was at the bottom of the pole.
The fuse was clearly blown. I guess 6-7 amps at 15000 volts is enough to
cook a crow.