Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Win7 and T-bird

On 2020-06-20 16:37, Snag wrote:
** so I'm trying to migrate all the thingds I do in XP to the Win7
install in this comp (dual boot) and I'm using Thunderbird version
68.9.0 and it ain't workin' Continuous not responding , can't do much
since it keeps locking up . Anybody else here used this combo and had
problems ? Any solutions ? I'm moving it all over to 7 because so much
just won't function in XP any more . There are a few thing I prefer XP
for , so I plan on keeping is as a backup OS , just trying to get as
much moved over as I can and email/newsgroups are a primary task for
my desktop . It's a pain in the ass to keep rebooting when I want to
change over .

Try these guys:

mozilla.support.thunderbird

But be careful, it is a "moderated" group.* Watch
who/what you insult.

Also, this sounds like a hardware issue.* Test
your hard drive health with:

http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net....php/Downloads

The Win7 install is in a nearly-new 500 Gb hdd - I had some music
stored on it before I re-purposed it . The motherboard is also new , the
old one still functioned but was not Win7 compatible . Everything works
just swell in XP , though the T-bird version here is 52.something and
it's a little slow sometimes . I'm wondering if I need to step back to
an earlier version ... or if I need to dump T-bird and go with another
email/newsgroup client . Anybody using Outlook ?

Go with Agent 8. Outlook is a great mail client but an awfull news
client.