Posted to alt.home.repair
SNAG SNAG is offline

Default Win7 and T-bird

On 2020-06-20 16:37, Snag wrote:
Â*Â* so I'm trying to migrate all the thingds I do in XP to the Win7
install in this comp (dual boot) and I'm using Thunderbird version
68.9.0 and it ain't workin' Continuous not responding , can't do
much since it keeps locking up . Anybody else here used this combo
and had problems ? Any solutions ? I'm moving it all over to 7
because so much just won't function in XP any more . There are a few
thing I prefer XP for , so I plan on keeping is as a backup OS ,
just trying to get as much moved over as I can and email/newsgroups
are a primary task for my desktop . It's a pain in the ass to keep
rebooting when I want to change over .

Try these guys:

mozilla.support.thunderbird

But be careful, it is a "moderated" group.Â* Watch
who/what you insult.

Also, this sounds like a hardware issue.Â* Test
your hard drive health with:

http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net....php/Downloads

Â*Â* The Win7 install is in a nearly-new 500 Gb hdd - I had some music
stored on it before I re-purposed it . The motherboard is also new ,
the old one still functioned but was not Win7 compatible . Everything
works just swell in XP , though the T-bird version here is
52.something and it's a little slow sometimes . I'm wondering if I
need to step back to an earlier version ... or if I need to dump
T-bird and go with another email/newsgroup client . Anybody using
Outlook ?

Unless something changed, it works well with W7 and now W10.Â* If nothing
else, try removing and reinstalling.

Your reply hasn't shown up yet on the desktop , I have already
uninstalled/reinstalled once , no change at all . This comp just updated
to the newest , so far no problems - you were referring to T-bird ?

Additional note , I also just set up my email on the desktop , don't
know if that would make a difference . This comp is set up only with
newsgroups .
--
Snag on the
travelin' laptop