Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Win7 and T-bird

On 2020-06-20 17:46, Snag wrote:
On 6/20/2020 6:42 PM, T wrote:
On 2020-06-20 16:37, Snag wrote:
Â*Â* so I'm trying to migrate all the thingds I do in XP to the Win7
install in this comp (dual boot) and I'm using Thunderbird version
68.9.0 and it ain't workin' Continuous not responding , can't do much
since it keeps locking up . Anybody else here used this combo and had
problems ? Any solutions ? I'm moving it all over to 7 because so
much just won't function in XP any more . There are a few thing I
prefer XP for , so I plan on keeping is as a backup OS , just trying
to get as much moved over as I can and email/newsgroups are a primary
task for my desktop . It's a pain in the ass to keep rebooting when I
want to change over .

Try these guys:

mozilla.support.thunderbird

But be careful, it is a "moderated" group.Â* Watch
who/what you insult.

Also, this sounds like a hardware issue.Â* Test
your hard drive health with:

http://gsmartcontrol.sourceforge.net....php/Downloads

Â* The Win7 install is in a nearly-new 500 Gb hdd - I had some music
stored on it before I re-purposed it . The motherboard is also new , the
old one still functioned but was not Win7 compatible . Everything works
just swell in XP , though the T-bird version here is 52.something and
it's a little slow sometimes . I'm wondering if I need to step back to
an earlier version ... or if I need to dump T-bird and go with another
email/newsgroup client . Anybody using Outlook ?

I'd test the hard out anyway.

And Indeed, transfer your remote apps Thunderbird profile
to the same version of Thunderbird, before updating
Thunderbird.

And before updating, export your address books to an LDIF
file. You will thank me later!

Old versions:
https://ftp.mozilla.org