Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Win7 and T-bird

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 20 Jun 2020 18:37:21 -0500, Snag
wrote:

so I'm trying to migrate all the thingds I do in XP to the Win7
install in this comp (dual boot) and I'm using Thunderbird version
68.9.0 and it ain't workin' Continuous not responding , can't do much
since it keeps locking up . Anybody else here used this combo and had
problems ? Any solutions ? I'm moving it all over to 7 because so much
just won't function in XP any more . There are a few thing I prefer XP
for , so I plan on keeping is as a backup OS , just trying to get as
much moved over as I can and email/newsgroups are a primary task for my
desktop . It's a pain in the ass to keep rebooting when I want to change
over .

I would think y ou can leave the data where it was and just install
t-bird in 7 pointing to that data.

I did tha twith Eudora during 2 tnansistions, and I could use it while
in either OS and still have all the email data avaiable all the time.

I'm sure t-bird will work with 7, it works with 10, but I have no
experience.