Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pure gas vs E85

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 06:21:27 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

On 2020-06-18 13:00, Snag wrote:
On 6/18/2020 2:55 PM, T wrote:
Hi All,

I watch my mileage.Â* I have been running pure gasoline now
for a bunch on months.

My mileage jump up from 23.5 on 15% alcohol to 25.5 miles
per gallon on pure gasoline

Hmmmmmmmmm .....

-T

Â* That's great , but what you really need to calculate is the miles per
DOLLAR . If there is like here , that pure gas is higher priced than the
gasohol .

It is 40 cents more per gallon. I have an equation for
miles per dollar, but the gas prices keep jumping
all around, so it is pretty hard to make a good
comparison.

Also it is pretty hard to calculate the cost of the
reduced wear and tear on my engine.

That's because it's non-existent in today's vehicles. I've been using
it for decades, no maintenance issues. Small engines, that's a different
story.

I use E-10 for everything and I don't have any trouble but my boat
keeps the gas moving. I just don't put gas powered tools away without
running them dry so they always get fresh gas. I usually mix it on the
spot. A pint of gas gets 10ccs of oil for 50:1. You can usually talk
your pharmacy out of a 10cc syringe for free. It would be less than a
buck if they made you pay.
My weed eater uses 32:1 but the tank is less than a pint so I give it
10ccs of oil. I suppose I could measure how much it really is and do
the math to meter the exact right amount but this is not that
critical.