Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Pure gas vs E85

On 2020-06-18 17:27, T wrote:
On 2020-06-18 15:19, Scott Lurndal wrote:
T writes:
Hi All,

I watch my mileage.Â* I have been running pure gasoline now
for a bunch on months.

My mileage jump up from 23.5 on 15% alcohol to 25.5 miles
per gallon on pure gasoline

It hasn't been news for two decades that alcohol fuel mixes reduce
mileage simply
due to less energy content in the fuel.

Where have you been?

This was the first I could find any in a very long time.

I remember when the last gas station converted over to
E85. I was complaining to the owner when the provider
rep walked over and told me their experience was that
mileage always increased a bit (liar). I told him
about my spreadsheet and how it had decreased by 2.5
miles per gallon. He was dumb founded. What was he
going to say, alcohol has a higher energy density?