Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Help with Dobbies please

On 18/06/2020 16:35, Martin Brown wrote:
On 16/06/2020 11:12, Broadback wrote:
I ordered red geranium plants from Dobbies, way back, I had an email
from them on the 8th to say they would be delivered on the following
Friday. They never arrived, I can get no meaningful response from
Dobbies, only to say they are busy and can't cope. What can I do!
Other companies are managing fine during this pandemic, why are they not?

Almost all of the seed and plant mail order places have been in crisis
ever since lockdown with insatiable demand and difficulty fulfilling
orders fast enough in a short staffed socially distanced workplace.
ISTR Courgette and tomato seeds were the first to run out.

You should be able to buy red geraniums now (I presume you actually mean
pelargoniums) from just about any garden centre.

If you already have some that have survived our mild winter cuttings
will root in a couple to three weeks. I had half of the trailing
geraniums in my tower die over the winter. I took cuttings the middle of
last month and the beginning of this week planted up the flower tower
again with fairly well developed plants.