Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bar sink problem

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 1:31:59 PM UTC-4, Jim in TX wrote:
On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 9:58:53 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

How did the faucets and sink get put in? No access from below? If so,
that's the core problem and it was designed for big trouble sooner or
later.

No clue as to the installation, all existed when the house was purchased. Access from underneath is probably fair for someone younger with more dexterity. Likely the assembly could be removed, supply lines fed while on a workbench then all put back.

My mistake. I missed the part about "pull down spray head". I thought this
was a separate sprayer that you pull up, which comes out of a hole in the
sink. So going with this:

"The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached. Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line. "

I don't understand the limited access issue. It sounds like the disconnected hose for
the pull down sprayer went back into the faucet assembly and fell out the
bottom. And you're trying to feed it back up from underneath? In which
case, what's the access problem with the fish tape or similar? Why can't
you feed a fishtape or wire down from the top, tape the hose to it and
try pulling it back up? Maybe I'm missing something here.