Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bar sink problem

Ran into problem trying to fix pull down spray head from a AquaSource (Lowe's) bar sink faucet that was leaking. Turns out those small size heads aren't obtainable.

While trying to stem the leak a bigger problem surfaced. Apparently I had not properly secured the spray head feeder line. It had fallen back out of the faucet assembly into the sink cabinet.

The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached. Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Could use some handy hints.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/17/2020 03:53 PM, Jim in TX wrote:
Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Wire pulling lube might work if you can find some for a reasonable
price. The stuff I've used sort of looked like chicken fat but it was
really slick.

Dawn dish detergent works in a pinch but it dries out so you're really
screwed if there is a next time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 10:34:53 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 06/17/2020 03:53 PM, Jim in TX wrote:
Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Wire pulling lube might work if you can find some for a reasonable
price. The stuff I've used sort of looked like chicken fat but it was
really slick.

Dawn dish detergent works in a pinch but it dries out so you're really
screwed if there is a next time.

I have bungee cord material that does transit the spout. Guess I'll try using that sprayed with silicone and see what happens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 5:53:49 PM UTC-4, Jim in TX wrote:
Ran into problem trying to fix pull down spray head from a AquaSource (Lowe's) bar sink faucet that was leaking. Turns out those small size heads aren't obtainable.

While trying to stem the leak a bigger problem surfaced. Apparently I had not properly secured the spray head feeder line. It had fallen back out of the faucet assembly into the sink cabinet.

The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached.

IDK what that means. The hose should feed out of a hole and have several
feet to reach the spray head assembly. But it sounds like the problem is
that the hose fell under the sink and you can't get it back up and through
the escutcheon and/or hole.

How did the faucets and sink get put in? No access from below? If so,
that's the core problem and it was designed for big trouble sooner or
later.

Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Could use some handy hints.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 9:58:53 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

How did the faucets and sink get put in? No access from below? If so,
that's the core problem and it was designed for big trouble sooner or
later.

No clue as to the installation, all existed when the house was purchased. Access from underneath is probably fair for someone younger with more dexterity. Likely the assembly could be removed, supply lines fed while on a workbench then all put back.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 1:31:59 PM UTC-4, Jim in TX wrote:
On Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 9:58:53 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

How did the faucets and sink get put in? No access from below? If so,
that's the core problem and it was designed for big trouble sooner or
later.

No clue as to the installation, all existed when the house was purchased. Access from underneath is probably fair for someone younger with more dexterity. Likely the assembly could be removed, supply lines fed while on a workbench then all put back.

My mistake. I missed the part about "pull down spray head". I thought this
was a separate sprayer that you pull up, which comes out of a hole in the
sink. So going with this:

"The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached. Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line. "

I don't understand the limited access issue. It sounds like the disconnected hose for
the pull down sprayer went back into the faucet assembly and fell out the
bottom. And you're trying to feed it back up from underneath? In which
case, what's the access problem with the fish tape or similar? Why can't
you feed a fishtape or wire down from the top, tape the hose to it and
try pulling it back up? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:53:45 -0700 (PDT), Jim in TX
wrote:

Ran into problem trying to fix pull down spray head from a AquaSource (Lowe's) bar sink faucet that was leaking. Turns out those small size heads aren't obtainable.

While trying to stem the leak a bigger problem surfaced. Apparently I had not properly secured the spray head feeder line. It had fallen back out of the faucet assembly into the sink cabinet.

The feed hole barely allows the braided supply line to enter the spout assembly. It will not feed to the end where the spray head could be attached. Limited access wipes out being able to use a fish tape. Am thinking of spraying the spout housing with silicone to reduce friction when feeding the supply line.

Could use some handy hints.

Buy REAL plumbing fixtures instead of chintzy Chinese made house
brand crap