Posted to uk.radio.amateur,uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq is offline

Default Chlorine-drenched chicken on the way

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 16:45:16 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 10/06/2020 17:41, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 16:36:55 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 10/06/2020 14:52, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 08:57:33 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 10/06/2020 01:45, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 12:20:03 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 08/06/2020 21:18, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:
On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 20:31:09 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message ...

On 08/06/2020 10:25, Ophelia wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

On 08/06/2020 09:35, Ophelia wrote:

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq" wrote in message

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 10:12:41 +0100, AndyW wrote:

On 06/06/2020 21:13, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq wrote:

Vegans don't visit boozers, gelatin doesn't grow on trees.

I doubt that even a proper brewery would manage to avoid the odd haze
or two occasionally.

Isinglass is powdered fish swim bladders and is used to clarify real
ales however there are many non animal based clarifying agents made from
clay or seaweed. There are many breweries switching to non animal fining
agents. no so much driven by vegans it's just that powdered fish
bladders are expensive but clay comes cheaper.

I tend to use bentonite and kieselsol for fining.

Most industrial beers are mechanically filtered so vegans would be OK
there.

I know vegans can make personal sacrifices for their way of life, but
drinking keg beer??? :-(

I never used finings in my beers or wines, everything went down,
clarity was low on the list of requirements :-)

I used to drink Worthington White Shield at my local. I would
carefully decant two or three bottles into a pint pot, then a quick
twist to get the solids off the bottom and throw those in after the
clear stuff.

The finale was placing the beer on the bandit and listening to the
concerned punters tell me my beer was off and I would be ill.....
Happy days

AB

Andy
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

==

LOL I used to make beer back in the day, until I found my youngest son
taking some to school!!!!!

It's not your friends that give you drink ...

===

I know nothing about such things, but I gave up making it that very
day)

drink is evil.....good wummin'

===

LOL

The foul festering pus that oozes from Satans nipples!

Tastes nice though :-)

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

no it doesn't

In Scotland I am inclined to agree, unless you want to include some of
the glorious single malts.

I cannot understand how a nation producing Laphroig can then go on to
churn out crud like Mc Ewans and Bellhaven.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

I wouldn't know ....

You are indeed fortunate. Unless of course you consider the pale pink
abomination that is called square sausuage a delicasy, in which case
Bellhaven, Mc Ewans or your local sewage works final effluent is a
superb accompanyment.

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

square sliced lorne is good speshly the spicy version but quality
varies...I like mine made with lots of rusks .....because I am cheap and
have no taste...£4 for a full lorne ....pay no more...

Thanks for the enlightenment!
I always heard it ordered as what I thought was "Larne" sausage.

Not that I ever had reason to ask for it :-)

AB
From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

you will love it...

To be perfectly honest, I probably would!

The haggis and Arbroath smokies were out of this world.

Were I eighteen and in need of something to support an Arctic
expedition I would go for it!

I'm not. I'm old. clapped and it would take me weeks to burn of the
few bits of fat that failed to coat my arteries.

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq