Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Clifford Heath Clifford Heath is offline

Default Panasonic microwave, blown inverter board transformer

On 18/6/20 9:50 am, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 06:55:26 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:
Lol, I've wondered about the "sensor" in these things. I know can't be
related to any sort of device that measures anything. Must be marketing
speak or a weirdly translated word.

It's a humidity sensor. When whatever you're cooking gets hot enough
to vaporize water, the "sensor" detects the water vapor and shuts off
the oven, usually after a short delay.

The vapor pressure of water rises very rapidly above 60 degrees C.
So presence of vapor is a good indicator of the outside temperature of
your food, even before the water starts to boil.

CH