Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting fluid on a bandsaw?

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 22:10:32 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Will a bandsaw cut through a drill chuck?
Tune in next time...

Can spinning the chuck be at all useful during bandsaw cutting?

NO!

I usually spin the material when using an abrasive cut off wheel, for
cutting a cylindrical object. I suppose it wouldn't be any different
using a bandsaw. I can afford at least one bandsaw blade to cut through
the chuck.

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.