Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cutting fluid on a bandsaw?

Now I have cutting fluid...

On my miniature Dewalt portable metal cutting bandsaw. Will it help at
all to use cutting fluid somewhere?

Extraneous...

Can't believe how long it took to cut through a 1/2 inch threaded black
oxide steel rod using an angle grinder .065 inch (supposed to be .045
inch, but it's not) thick cutting wheel, chucked into my chopsaw so that
the cutting was precise. Even with two or three breaks, that sucker got
hot.

Hopefully the bandsaw 24 TPI blade will cut it much more easily, with or
without cutting fluid.

Also impressed by the force required to thread a 1/2 inch diameter 6061
aluminum rod (13 TPI) with a hobby threading tool. Much more force than
a 1/4 inch rod requires to thread. Another surprise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Will a bandsaw cut through a drill chuck?
Tune in next time...

Can spinning the chuck be at all useful during bandsaw cutting?

I usually spin the material when using an abrasive cut off wheel, for
cutting a cylindrical object. I suppose it wouldn't be any different
using a bandsaw. I can afford at least one bandsaw blade to cut through
the chuck.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 22:10:32 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

Will a bandsaw cut through a drill chuck?
Tune in next time...

Can spinning the chuck be at all useful during bandsaw cutting?

NO!

I usually spin the material when using an abrasive cut off wheel, for
cutting a cylindrical object. I suppose it wouldn't be any different
using a bandsaw. I can afford at least one bandsaw blade to cut through
the chuck.

__

"Journalists are extremely rare and shouldn’t be harmed, but propagandists are everywhere and should be hunted for sport"

Yeah..with no bag limit.