James Lee

Default anchoring: carport

Hi,

I have an attached carport that is built by the previous
owner. It has a metal roof. One side rest on the roof, about
two feet from the edge of the roof. The resting is of course
a very bad thing to have, since the area under the carport
never see the sun. Overall, the thing is still in a good
condition, and I would like to keep it.

I'm thinking if it is a good idea to add anchoring support
to the entire structure on the side of that roof support and
then sawing off the portion back by about 2 feet, so that
the structure rests on the anchoring supports, away from the
roof.

Is that a good idea? If so, how do I go about adding the
extra support. The ground is already cemented.

thanks.

James.