Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

[snip]

The other two things that annoy me are "next wednesday" and 6/8/2020.
Both can apparently be ambiguous, but I always use the logical one.

I almost always use "next Wednesday" fro the next day (after today)
that's a Wednesday, but have heard it for the Wednesday after that so if
it's important I would try to add additional information like: next
Wednesday (the 10th).

"6/8/2020" is less ambiguous that "6/8/20" (where 20 could be a day). I
try to use the month abbreviation (Jun) and all 4 digits for the year.
Either "Jun 6 2020" or "6 Jun 2020" could be read unambiguously. The
little-endian form (6 Jun 2020) seems a little more readable since
there's better separation between the numerals.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the
Almighty Creator." -- Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, pp, 46