Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bruce2bowser@gmail.com is offline

Default Wiring a 480V Single Phase Circuit

On May 15, 2020 12:40PM, wrote in alt.home.repair:
That's a great question and I'm glad you asked and paid enough attention
to realize that it was single phase rather than terminating
it 3 phase.for Single phase 480v just land the 2 hits and a ground. There
is no such thing as a stupid question my friends.

I assume you mean 2 "hots" which would be different phases (not hits) and then a third wire being a green ground connection (a total of three wires.

2 hots of the same phase would be like wiring-up switching devices where one wire is line and the other is load.