Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Storing food in tins

On Mon, 01 Jun 2020 17:43:04 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 01 Jun 2020 15:21:50 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

I'd like to know how many people are injured by ring-pull food can tops
compared to traditional blank closures.

If you have arthritis in your finger joints, it can be very painful to
try and open a ring-pull can.

The Mrs suffers from that sometimes (depending on the lid).

I have a thing that looks a bit like an
enormous fish-hook, without the barb, for levering them open. I got it
originally for my wife to use, because with her Parkinson's she didn't
have enough strength in her hands to open a ring-pull can directly,
but I use it now. One of these https://tinyurl.com/y85gdq8k

I'm going to get the 3D printer out tomorrow (anyway) and something
like that might be handy. ;-)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2532454

I am lucky to have fairly good / strong fingers (open beer cans one
handed etc) but you do get the odd tough one, although I usually also
have the Leatherman on me so ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m