Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Doe[_4_] John Doe[_4_] is offline

Default Hozan Rolling Die Head for Spoke Threader, $120+tax!

I need the thing. They say "use cutting fluid", but what about the
rollers? Don't the rollers need some heavy duty grease? Or will frequent
application of cutting fluid (maybe once per spoke) keep the rollers
from wearing on the pins/shafts?

Seems I messed up the cutting heads that came with the original Hozan
Spoke Threader. That head was made for 14 and 15gauge spokes. The
replacement head is made for only 14gauge spokes. I suppose precision is
important, so they aren't making it for two different size spokes
anymore.

Must be difficult to make those cutting heads, since it's over $100 and
there is no Chinese knockoff of that Japanese product.