Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Reversed bandsaw blade?

"William Bagwell" wrote in message

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 21:27:07 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

We shouldn't encourage him to touch sharp objects.

If he loses his typing finger(s) without actually dying it might be
a win;-)

Stupid shop trick, best done with a worn out fine tooth to minimize
risk. Fold a blade like in the video. Fold it again, against the
bottom edge of a workbench. You now have nine very small coils, hand
it to someone unsuspecting and ask them to hold it. Then watch as
they realize they can not let go without it unfolding back to three
coils.

Throwing it to the floor is the quickest way out. Or (with practice)
take it back and revisit the workbench.
--
William

Luckily for me the machine shop teacher who taught me how to weld and fold
bandsaw blades had enough restraint to avoid those stunts. The welding
instructor tried to get me to touch a TIG high frequency arc, like he did. I
told him I'd already used up my nine lives in electrical accidents.

My 1.25" sawmill bands are much more difficult to manage than 1/2" ones. I
unfold new or resharpened blades by throwing them on a brush pile that
absorbs their fury.