Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Zafira horn buttons

Bazza wrote in
:

Got a 52 Reg Zafira and recently one horn button has failed to work
intermittently. It will only work when the steering wheel is turned
slightly to one side so I guess it is a wiring loom issue?

My query is, how much of a job is it to replace without risking the
air bag going off.

The MOT is due in July and a new loom looks to cost around £15. The
Zafira is well worth repairing as it has only done 28,000 miles in 18
years.

I need to fix a Toyota Aygo indicator switch that requires the steering
wheel and airbag to be removed. A YouTube video doesn't even bother to
disconnect the battery - as he says the airbag needs to be triggered by
a voltage - so any handling or disconnection is not likely to cause a
problem. He made the point though not to turn on the ignition otherwise
it will throw up a fault code for faulty airbag that will need to be
reset by a dealer.