Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Storing food in tins

On Mon, 1 Jun 2020 11:27:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, 1 June 2020 16:45:22 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
In the old days, a day out for us somewhere involved a box of mixed
sarnies, pork pies, sausage rolls, some crisps and fruit and the like
and you were grateful for all / any of it. ;-)

Huh.

I was grateful for a fishpaste sandwich that didn't have too much sand in it.

And you didn't care how squashed it was. ;-)

And the warm cordial to wash it down.

It was a joke that became fond memory for our daughter how 'Granny'
used to be able to pull some sort of food and a drink (often a
breakfast bar of some sort and a warm Capri-Sun) out of her handbag no
matter where they were. ;-)

No thought to question the food or what sort of warm / squashed state
it was in as she knew it was that or nothing.

I can remember sister and I being left in the car with a bag of crisps
and a bottle of cola each while Mum and Dad had a quick drink in the
pub on our way home from boating or somesuch.

And it was a real treat. ;-)

Cheers, T i m