Posted to uk.d-i-y
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Storing food in tins

On 01/06/2020 19:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
N_Cook wrote on 01/06/2020 :
Of course the ring-pull closures are incompatible with butterfly
openers, or at least when ever I've tried this more safety-conscious
opening route.

If they are tough, I sometimes use a wooden spoon handle through the
ring, so I can pull with my hand, rather than a finger.

Its not so much the ringpull as being the problem as the reaction force
of the other hand holding the rim of the tin down ,with fingers only a
few mm away from a very sharpedge, all ok if no oil around and the can
does not slip out of tour grip and then a horrible slicing action of
that edge

--
Global sea level rise to 2100 from curve-fitted existing altimetry data
http://diverse.4mg.com/slr.htm