Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Storing food in tins

On Mon, 01 Jun 2020 15:21:50 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

I'd like to know how many people are injured by ring-pull food can tops
compared to traditional blank closures.

Years ago we were using Felix tinned cat food. They had a competition
going where, if you won, a prize was printed on the inside of the lid.

One day I got all excited because I'd won a plastic fork. Trying to
straighten the lid, I cut my thumb badly. I had to get a friend to drive
me to hospital as I couldn't stop it bleeding without actually holding
it. I think it was four or five stitches; I still have a scar.

The nurse was mightily amused, but not as much as the one who was there
when I told the consultant I'd snapped the tendon in my pinkie while
picking my nose.