Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim GM4DHJ ... Jim GM4DHJ ... is offline

Default Standing current of VW Golf R

On 30/05/2020 20:00, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

What on earth is it doing?

Deciding how to **** over the individual who has
dared to modify the beautifully designed kraut car.

"Smolley" wrote in message
Further to a post a few weeks ago, about the battery being flat in my
car
after standing idle for a few weeks. I subsequently charged the
battery in
the house using a laptop power supply and a couple of headlight bulbs in
series to deliver a charging current of ~2 amps over several days. I
eventually put the battery back in the car and fitted a knife switch
isolator. Yesterday I went out in the car and returned after about 10
miles. This morning after the engine fan had stopped I measured the
standing current across the open knife switch and was surprised to
see the
meter was reading 3.26 amps. No wonder the battery flat!

with hundreds of plastic parts that don't last long ...