Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Installing Ethernet cables

On 30 May 2020 13:04:10 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

snip

The other thing is run cables/trunking to every room (except the toilet
I suppose) - even if you don't terminate them until needed. And they
will be needed :-)

I put them in every room.

So did I, it was Cat3 at the time though (and some of it still is).
;-)

Sometimes several.

I only did 1 / room at the time as I had a room mainly for all that
sort of thing (inc my Arcnet and TR stuff). ;-)

There are 27 sockets
altogether.

I have several switches round the house now and most of them are
filled with all lights on, inc the main one, a T-P Link 16p Gb jobby.
;-)

I put an 8 port Gb switch in daughters flat a while back and that too
has all ports filled. Colour LJ, OMV NAS, PS3, her Desktop PC, nieces
desktop PC, CCTV box and the Smart TV (+ uplink to the router). Plus
the WiFi stuff like phones, tablets and laptops.

Even Mum (90) has a smart TV, BR player, two iPads, iPhone, NowTV
stick and a Mini PC I keep there. ;-)

Cheers, T i m