Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Installing Ethernet cables

On 29 May 2020 at 20:48:58 BST, "John Rumm"
wrote:

On 29/05/2020 18:37, tim... wrote:

snip

Anything else?

If doing socket to socket installs, it always makes sense to install a
pair of cables and double CAT5e modules at each end. That leave options
in the future, is little extra effort, and the materials are cheap.

It's one of things I'd sort of wished I'd done when I had the opportunity.
However, in the event, in situations where I've needed more than 1 (computer,
TV), I've needed 4 or 5 - so ended up using a switch.

The other thing is run cables/trunking to every room (except the toilet I
suppose) - even if you don't terminate them until needed. And they will be
needed :-)

--
Cheers, Rob