Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davidm Davidm is offline

Default Wanted, simple mains powered water pump for garden

On Thu, 28 May 2020 18:50:58 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Is there such a thing? We just want a simple pump with (probably)
BSP/Hozelock input and output connectors for moving water from one
water butt to another and/or pumping water into the greenhouse.

Doesn't need to be continuous rated, it will only get run for tens of
minutes. Submersible pumps don't fill the bill. Needs to be able to
self prime and lift water a metre or so on the suction side.

You'd think it was a simple requirement but there really doesn't seem
to be such a thing at a sensible price (i.e. less than £100,
preferably a lot less).

Any ideas?

what about a water pump out of a junked washing machine? Might need to
coble some hose connections and fix it in a box of somesort to fingers
and water away from mains, but that's all very DIYish.
I did something similar years ago when I wanted timer controlled water
valve.