Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing Ethernet cables

On 29/05/2020 23:47, Jake56 wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sat, 30 May 2020 06:46:38 +1000, Jake56 wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote

Do not connect your router/modem to an extension socket on the phone
network it should be connected directly to the BT/OpenreachÂ* master
socket with the shortest modem lead you can manage.

Thats bull****. There is FAR more copper lead between the master socket
and the exchange or node than there is to any extension socket.

True. But arguably it it isn't in such an electrically noisy environment.

Its actually in a more electrically noisy environment outside
the house with the traffic ignition noise etc. And it isnt
electrical noise that determines the broadband speed anyway.

actually it largely is...all te other broadband users on the same cable
run will produce more noise than the radio stations do in total