Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_9_] Gerry[_9_] is offline

Default Speaking of TiN coated drills was Followup: Choosing a set of drill bits

On Thu, 28 May 2020 20:56:30 -0700, Corvid wrote:

On 05/28/2020 07:40 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 5/28/2020 11:53 AM, wrote:
I have slowly been replacing my bits with ones from DrillHog. The
Ebay store is less expensive than on Amazon. They are claimed to be
made in the US and have a lifetime warranty.

Is a warranty useful? I assume that it would cover breakage, but not
anything else. I occasionally break bits, but they are almost
always the small, inexpensive ones.

Lifetime Warranties can be useless, covering only the originally
purchased (and short lived) item, but *not* its replacement. I learned
that scam with some ****ty headlights.

Apparently, "Lifetime Warranties" are only in effect for the lifetime
of the item covered, thus once it fails it is no longer covered.
Navigation devices only get lifetime free maps only until a more
advanced device is produced.